Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Girl Inside

On first impression some people might call me childish. They would be right, but you know what? It doesn't bother me one iota. When I get old and gray, I still want to be known as the girl with the contagious, girlish giggle, the one who still chases butterflies, plays with Playdough, and draws stick figures.(That last one is only because I don't have the patience to learn how to draw.)

I'm always striving to please others, this blog will be where I draw the line. I'm going to post what I want to, so what if only one person reads it and thinks its lame. I don't want to lose "me" looking for someone who doesn't exist.

I said all that because I want my main focus on this blog to be expressing the kid inside. It's that small part of us that never grew up and never will. It's the thing that makes your heart jump when you see a shooting star. It is that irresistible urge to swing on the swings or to splash  through the mud puddles.

 I have been blessed with all of this "kid-ness" because I work in the preschool room at a daycare. I can't credit it all to the kids in the class, (I was born with an extra large quantity of child I think) but when you spend several hours a day with three to five-year olds, you get an extra dose of sunshine.

Before I get too carried away with explaining how childish I am, I had better end the post, but I wanted to challenge all of you (my hypothetical readers) to do something nice for someone this week.  It doesn't have to be something huge it could be just smiling at a stranger, holding the door for someone, or even buying a family member or co-worker coffee. I'll do it too, and let you know how it goes in my next post. (In a few days I hope.)




No comments:

Post a Comment