Saturday, February 21, 2015

Handsome Cupcake

The pure joy and innocence of  four year old girls never ceases to put a smile on my face. They all are individuals, some girls' favorite movie is "Frozen" while others enjoy "Spiderman", but they all share some common notions on certain subjects.

At work on Friday, four girls and I gathered at a round table for snack. We were all happily enjoy our chips and salsa when a woman who use to help in the classroom gave us a phone call. She wanted to announce that she had gotten married and is now expecting. When the girls at my table heard this news they were astounded.

" Ahhhhh! Sarah is married now, did you know that," one of them exclaimed.

With a serious, yet halfway dreamy face, another replied, " Yeah, and she even got to kiss her handsome prince." This statement was followed by giggles all around the table.

" Ewww!" One curly haired girl exclaimed, " I don't want to EVER kiss a boy, so I'm not going to get married."

I exchanged an amused look with the teacher at the table closest to mine, but didn't say anything.

All of the other girls quickly agreed with her as she continued, " I will kiss a handsome cupcake, but never a boy."

Despite my efforts, my laughter rolled out in cheerful bursts.

All of the schoolgirls looked at me quizzically. Then a smile slowly crept onto the curly haired girls face. " What I said was funny wasn't it ?" she inquired and the whole table erupted in another round of giggles.

                         


Oh, and I forgot about preforming an act of kindness, however, I analyzed my actions and decided that the closest thing would be that I stayed late at one of my college classes when a classmate asked for an extra review on their essay. I don't know how helpful it was but it counts as kind, right?


P.S. For the sake of confidentiality, I changed "Sarah's" name.

No comments:

Post a Comment