Saturday, March 21, 2015

Watching the Stars Wake Up

Sometimes, on clear nights, I like to sit outside and watch the stars wake up. I think that here in Montana, where I live, is the best place to watch the stars. It's quiet, doesn't have too many lights, and lives up to its nickname; Big Sky Country.

In essence, when you look at the stars you are looking back in time, because the closest star (other than the sun) is 4.3 light years away. That means the light we see actually shone over 4 years ago. I know this is sort of a simple concept but I love thinking about it and it gives me the assurance that there is Someone bigger, watching out for us.

Recently, I found one of these tutorials for making small origami stars. I instantly became obsessed with these cute paper crafts and have made many since. I personally like cutting the paper to be slightly thinner, but I have found that no star will be exactly the same. My favorite part is drawing the faces on.

Here are some of the ones I made. Hope you enjoy!








The clouds were so pretty today, I had to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment